The Light of the World Church aims to:
- Make the message of spiritual salvation known to all people without discrimination.
“For this is good and acceptable before God our savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth” (1 Tim. 2:3-4).
- Contribute to peace and fraternity among men in all nations through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give…”(John 14:27).
- Reconcile humanity with God by subjection to the divine laws to infuse man with the hope of eternal life.
“That God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself, not taking men into account for their sins…” (2 Cor. 5:19).
- Instill a sense of personal, familiar, civic and social responsibility to its believers through the universal principle of Christian fraternity.
“If any man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar” (1 John 4:20).“…for unfeigned brotherly love, love one another dearly with a pure heart…”(1 Peter 1:22-23).
HISTORY OF THE CHURCH
Jesus Christ is our foundation and founder. After His death, resurrection and ascension to the heavens, Jesus entrusted His Apostles with the task of preaching the Gospel: those converted to the apostolic message are our brethren of the Early Christian Church. It was a time of grace of the Founding Dispensation in the first century.
For whenever God desires to communicate with mankind in order to manifest His promises, He does so through His divine messengers, “and by a prophet the LORD brought up Israel out of Egypt, and was guarded by a prophet” (Hos. 12:13).
The first to receive such a noble mission were the Apostles, Andrew, Bartholomew, James the elder, James the younger, John, Judas, Matthew, Peter, Philip, Simon, and Thomas. Jesus Christ gave them the authority to preach His word as well as to be keepers of a sound doctrine, “As the Father has sent me, even so I send you” (John 20:21).
The Apostles, Paul and Matthias; chosen by God from before Jesus Christ’s birth, were also called by Christ our Lord with the same authority and responsibilities on earth, “but when it pleased God, who separated me from the womb of my mother, and called me by His grace” (Gal. 1:15).
Jesus Christ sent them to be light unto the ends of the earth and messengers of the word of God, “For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be light of the gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth” (Acts 13:47).
After the passing of the first Apostles, God wanted to maintain His Church hidden from harm and delegated authority on earth for a time appointed by Him in His Eternity, “And to the woman were given the two wings of the great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent” (Rev. 12:14).
The Church of the Living God, Pillar and Ground of the Truth, The Light of the World, is the restoration of the Primitive Church that Jesus Christ founded in the first century of our era with the mission of announcing to all people the good news of salvation. Its restoration began in the city of Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico on April 6,1926 with the Apostolic calling of Master Aaron Joaquin Gonzalez. The Church remains firm in their fidelity to God, government, doctrine, sacraments, as well as the heavenly promises established and given by Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
According to Christian doctrine, the Church speaks of an inner ecclesiastical statute, “And God ordained in the church, first apostles…”(1 Cor. 12:28-31)
The Light of the World Church establishes three basic principles that govern the life of its members: religious, moral and civic. These principles are of a guiding nature and do not attempt against the inalienable rights of any human being.
- WE BELIEVE in the existence of a unique and universal God.
“…there is no God like you, neither in heaven above, nor in earth below…” (1 Kings 8:23).
- We BELIEVE in Jesus Christ, Son of God and Savior of the world.
“I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God…” (Acts 8:37).
- WE BELIEVE that Jesus Christ was conceived by the intervention of the Holy Spirit in the blessed womb of a holy virgin named Mary.
“And now you will conceive in your womb, and you will bear a son, and you will call His name Jesus …” (Luke 1:28-35).
- WE BELIEVE that the Bible is a rule of faith useful for teaching human beings the path to salvation.
“All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction of righteousness…”(2 Tim. 3:16).
- WE BELIEVE in the love of God to be called His children.
“See what love the Father has given us, that we may be called Children of God…” (1 John 3:1).
- WE BELIEVE that the death of Jesus Christ vindicates man with God, and that through His sacrifice mankind is accepted and pleasing to God. “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son” (John 3:16).
- WE BELIEVE in the vocation of the Apostles of Jesus Christ sent to manifest the will of God and Salvation.
“I have set you for the light of the nations…” (Acts 13:47).
- WE AFFIRM that we have the right to integrate in the general context of society, work, health and education without discrimination, limitation or any religious prejudice in the exercise of our constitutional guarantees.
- WE BELIEVE that governments are established to do justice, punishing those who do wrong and protecting those who abide by the law.
“Let every man submit to the authorities…”(Rom. 13:1-5).
- WE PRAY for the authorities that govern over men because it is God’s command to respect every human institution.
“…that prayers are made…for all are in eminence” (1 Tim. 2:1-3).
- WE ARE OBLIGATED as citizens to abide by the laws of each country, to respect national cultures and patriotic symbols.
- WE RESPECT life, for it is a divine design. Our duty is to abide by it.
“Know ye not that ye are the temple of God…”(1 Cor. 3:16).
- WE RECOGNIZE man’s free will as the guiding principle of his behavior.
- WE ACCEPT sincere, honest and open dialogue, which in turn develops our mutual understanding and coexistence between men.
- WE CONSIDER fanaticism and religious intolerance as limiting the development of countries; as a result we open our doors to knowledge that eradicates poverty, ignorance, vices and drug addiction.
- WE BELIEVE in science as a gift of God, whose knowledge must serve the greatest causes of humanity, favoring the progress and development of countries.
- WE AFFIRM that every person has the right to freedom of thought in order to choose their religious creed of choice without suffering any threat or injury.
- WE CONSIDER that unnatural norms such as imposing certain marital status, dispossession of property or attempting to harm family integrity is contrary to any ethical moral principle.
- WE RESPECT non-discriminatory treatment of believers who enjoy the benefits to which they are worthy according to the norms of our Church.